These objectives are an outflow from the ACMP’s vision.
“To be a dynamic industry association promoting the principles of sustainable development whilst adding value to our members through ensuring sound co-operation between industry, government, society and other relevant role-players, and striving to harmonize with international best practice in terms of the scope of the ACMP boundaries.”
Achieving the objectives of the ACMP is informed by our mission statement.
- effective conduit between industry, government and NGOs;
- focusing on and efficiently dealing with matters of common interest to members;
- supporting sustainable growth and development initiatives for the benefit of all;
- promoting the optimal utilisation of natural resources within the constraint of necessary economic development;
- promoting environmental and health and safety stewardship amongst members;
- promoting capacity building in the industry through knowledge transfer and technical skills improvement;
- promoting positive stakeholder engagement;
- promoting corporate stewardship through industry level sustainability reporting; and
- being an influencing agent in legislation.
ACMP members subscribe to the following values:
- honesty; and,
- service excellence.
The ACMP ensures confidentiality of service providers and implements industry standards (as principles).
The ACMP facilitates the participation of member companies through three main avenues:
- Fostering communication:
Supporting member companies through disseminating best practice; providing a platform to discuss mutual challenges and lessons learnt, as well as promoting skills development and capacity building.
- Co-ordinated stakeholder engagement:
Building trust nationally amongst the public and communities impacted by the cementitious material producers thorough building and fostering stakeholder relationships.
- Supporting government initiatives:
Supporting initiatives by the South African Government such as the law reform process. In this regard the association has made extensive formal comments to relevant departments, and portfolio departments of environment committees on various pressing issues including: water, climate change, air quality (including input into SABS standards), waste, energy (Energy Efficiency Leadership Network) and mining. The Association has also given input into Environmental Impact Assessment Management Strategy for South Africa (EIAMS) to developing new approaches to environmental management.