Welcome to our Website
The ACMP is a voluntary organisation established in 2005. Its membership is open to manufacturers of cementitious materials in South Africa.
The primary objectives of the ACMP are to:
- build stakeholder trust in the cementitious material producer industry in South Africa through relationship initiatives with our employees, the communities in which we operate, the authorities, stakeholders and NGOs;
- promote environmental, health and safety best practice amongst members through research, training and the establishment of industry guidelines based on local and international experience and best practice;
- promote regulatory compliance and active participation with the authorities in the development of appropriate environmental and health and safety law reform;
- support capacity building initiatives consistent with the National Skills Development Programme; and,
- represent member interests in matters affecting common industry interests.
To be a dynamic industry association promoting the principles of sustainable development whilst adding value to our members through ensuring sound co-operation between industry, government, society and other relevant role-players.
To achieve our primary objectives, through:
- effective conduit between industry, government and NGOs;
- focusing on and efficiently dealing with matters of common interest to members;
- supporting sustainable growth and development initiatives for the benefit of all;
- promoting the optimal utilisation of natural resources within the constraint of necessary economic development;
- promoting environmental and health and safety stewardship amongst members;
- promoting capacity building in the industry through knowledge transfer and technical skills improvement;
- promoting positive stakeholder engagement;
- promoting corporate stewardship through industry level sustainability reporting; and,
- being an influencing agent in legislation.
ACMP members subscribe to the following values:
- honesty; and,
- service excellence.
Day-to-day running of the Association is controlled by an Executive Director: Dr. D.B.K. Rama